Business Launch Podcast is where Carlo Selorio interview business owners on how they got started on their journey to entrepreneurship. We help promote businesses get seen and tell their stories.
Marco Selorio Interview - MAS Music and Coinchella
September 15, 2022 • 33 MIN
Marco Selorio shares his story on how he got started with Event Business, transitioning to Hip Hop Dance Competitions and pivoting during the COVID Pandemic and starting Crypto Gaming United Guild.
He also shares his favourite books and his inspiration.
Kevin Hua Interview - Elevate Money and Realside Capital
September 22, 2022 • 27 MIN
Carlo Selorio interviews the Founder of Elevate Money and Partner of Realside Capital. Kevin shares his story from moving to Australia and studying in University NSW and how he moved to Hong Kong and moving back establishing his businesses here in Sydney. Kevin on having a legacy says that I don't think about my life like that. I think if there's really any legacy it's really. Like most parents is to just really be there for my children, so they remember me as a good father, a good person, a good husband. In terms of of impacting the world. No I don't aspire to such a monumental thoughts I guess it's just a, really a case of just enjoying your time here, yeah. Gaining happiness both professionally and personally.
Nay Sakya Interview - Breakdown Basketball
September 27, 2022 • 28 MIN
Carlo Selorio interviews Basketball Trainer and entrepreneur Nay Sakya who has been one of the leading basketball trainers in Sydney Australia training NBA/NBL pros and junior basketball players. Nay shares his story on how he got started and what lies ahead for Breakdown Basketball.
Rosary Coloma Interview - Beneco Futures
October 4, 2022 • 27 MIN
Rosary shares her journey in starting and co-founding Beneco Futures and how she has pivoted through life experiences and the impact of COVID in making sure that she stays afloat.
3 Tips for Entrepreneurs:
1. Start with Why are you in Business.
2. Understanding the problem you're trying to solve or the need that you're trying to address.
3. Understand your customers
You can follow Rosary at her socials below:
Building Sports Courts Sydney with Tom McLeod
October 20, 2022 • 29 MIN
Tom McLeod shares his story about growing up loving the game of Basketball and getting into the building industry early on his working career. He was able to combine his passion of Basketball and Building and Started Sports Courts Sydney.
Tom Top 3 Tips:
1. Find your niche market - in Tom's example is that he was working as Builder, and went in deeper to become a Builder specialising in Sports Courts.
2. Know your numbers - Tom explains that it's basically income, expenses and managing cashflow. You have to make sure that there's more money coming in than going out.
3. Make sure you deliver - To your customers, what ever your business is, it has to be centred around your customers are so happy that they refer you to their friends, family and colleagues.
Tom recommends E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber.
The main point is that there is a book out there that can help you solve problems for what you need in your business right now.
You can follow Tom at his handles below:
From Navy to Worpress Developer with Tony Cosentino - WP Guy
October 25, 2022 • 25 MIN
Tony shares his story as he started his career going to Navy and transitioning to Website developer specialising in Wordpress where everyone started calling him the WP Expert and branded his business as the WP Guy.
Tony's Top 3 tips to business owners:
1. Push your business hard and try different avenues to get your business out there and find out where your customer hangs out.
2. Put aside Tax money to avoid a big Tax Bill and not having anything to pay for it.
3. Relationships with your customers/clients is critical to a business surviving and going.
Profit First by Michael Michalowicz
''only legacy I really wanna leave is that my kids. Have learned good values and good human beings, and feel like they've had a good childhood or good, have. Been given enough to enjoy their own lives''.
You can contact Tony on the following links below:
Balanced Family Law with Perpetua Kish
October 30, 2022 • 29 MIN
Perpetua Kish shares her journey on how she got started her career in Law and her employer getting liquidated and decided to start Balanced Law with colleagues.
Pepe started doing Webinars and Online Events before the COVID hit. Balanced LAw was set up really well during the Pandemic and was easier to transition.
Perputua help promote her business by being guests in Podcasts, and social media specially linkedin where she is considered a micro lawfluencer.
Perputua networked to get their business recognised and won a few awards on the way.
Perpetua changed the narative of what a Family Law Business by helping a great outcome to the families.
1. Having enough rest for herself and feel rested and on hamster wheel.
2. Continue to feel motivated
3. Continue to be Content
Former Olympian to Sports and Media Entrepreneur with Du'aine Ladejo
November 7, 2022 • 65 MIN
Du'aine Ladejo shares his story growing up in England and starting in different sports at school and naturally becoming one of best young sprinters in age group. He moved to US to study in Ohio and got a Track and Field Scholarship and also studies Media. Du'aine talks about sports politics early on his career and creating his TV show The Greatest Athletes here in Australia.
Du'aine shares the best age and time for kids to start focusing on their sports or passion.
Top 3 Business Tips
1. Lean in to your idea - really put your energy to the idea
2. Have a support network to help you.
3. Listen to your Mum and Dad.
You can reach Du'aine Ladejo below via:
Going Through Depression to Starting a Community stay Connected with Chris Dacanay - SOS - Suits or Shirts
November 14, 2022 • 52 MIN
Chris Dacanay shares his story growing up in violence which led to going through life with alcohol, drugs and mental depression. Chris with his experience decided to start a community and business where people in walks of life can stay connected.
He also shares his early wins with a strong community and the affects of COVID to his business and community.
3 Business Tips from Dax:
1. be humble. And I think in line with that, don't inflate your ego when you see progress.
2. Expect the unexpected, right? So whilst you might have a good platform, or a great idea, or a great concept, or even really a good product, you can't expect your family or your friends to just, you know, buy or get, you know, um, invest in you or whatever it may be.
3. Execute on your idea. Don't wait.
You can connect with Chris on the following platforms:
Featuring Dominic Cabrera - World Class Sessions Musician and leading Drummer in Australia
November 18, 2022 • 26 MIN
Carlo Selorio interviews Domenic Cabrera where he shares his story about overcoming O.C.D. (Obesessive Compulsive Disorder) to becoming one of Australia's leading sessions drummer and breaking through the Music Industry in Sydney where has played for Chris and Guy Sebastian, Conrad Sewell, Jessica Mauboy, Delta Goodrem, Jessie J, Craig David, Seal, Ronan Keating, Stan Walker and lots more.
Dom's top 3 for Musicians, Entrepreneurs and Business Owners:
1. find calmness in your heart, you know, in calmness. I think the best decision. Come from that, um, uh, where emotions start, intelligence ends.
2. Just be true to yourself.
3. Stay Focus
Focus by Daniel Goleman
Changing Lives One Black Belt at a Time with Sensei Josh Marks
November 27, 2022 • 30 MIN
Carlo Selorio sits down with Sensei Josh Marks, the owner of Black Belt Martial Arts Hornsby and shares his story on how he started a Martial Arts Business starting from humble beginnings to growing a community of martial artists who give back to the community.
Top 3 Advice for Martial Artists, Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
Atomic Habits by James Clear
Sensei Josh Marks' handles below:
Analysing Trends and Problems with Mark Hunn
December 5, 2022 • 50 MIN
Mark Hunn shares his story as serial entrepreneur starting off working for Salvation Army woorking with 10 different countries and shares his knowledge with in depth Business Tips that can help launch a business.
Top 3 Business Tips:
1. Find What People Want and Give it To Them. You need to find your buyers first and work backwards.
2. So stop worrying about what idea you've got. Pick one. Make sure you already know who the buyer is and just get to work because you can spend years analyzing to come up with a great idea or you can just start working on it.
3. Your biggest commodity is time. - value your time. And that includes valuing other people's time because if they've put aside the time to meet with you, Then be there for it because it's nothing worse in business. If you are in a business and you are meeting with other people in business, they're all busy. Everybody is busy. So when you don't show up or you turn up 20 minutes late because you know you had something important beforehand, all it tells them is that they're not important to you. So always value their time. The only other one that I had which is probably good for people just starting out. Friends and family, the catch cry of the start of a business.
Favourite Recommended Resource:
Mark's favourite resource is a mentor who And the really interesting thing about this is that he doesn't know that he is my mentor. I listen to a podcast called No Bullshit Leadership with Marty Moore. He's a really successful ceo and the thing that I like about his I think he's got. 300 podcasts or whatever. They go for about 20 minutes or something. But they're very practical, so he doesn't talk about philosophy and all that stuff.
He talks about on the ground how you making decisions, and he doesn't pull any punches. And I it's actually really refreshing. And I've taken a lot of his lot of his teachings, molded it into how I do things. Yeah. But yeah, that's, it's a really good podcast on how to lead in an organization, even if you are not.
Former Breakfast Radio Host to Podcast Consultant with Sam Blacker at Podcast Butler
December 12, 2022 • 38 MIN
Sam Blacker shares his story about doing work experience at a Regional Radio Station where he saw the host rock up in hgis Pyjamas and decided to do a University Degree in the Radio industry. After finishing Uni, he got a referal to work at Regional Radio station which kickstarted his career. Sam then moved from State to State as Regional Breakfast Radio Host. When his Partner said she wanted to move he decided to start a Business in Podcasting as Podcast Consultant.
Sam's Top 3 Business Advice:
1. Focus on your strengths, if can do something... do it! You don't need to make 180 degree pivot.
2. To Bullshit... There is no way you're going to get started unless you're telling yourself that you can do it.
3. know that you'll learn as much from your clients as customers, uh, as they get from you, especially in the beginning
Sam's Book recommendation:
The Magician by Raymond E. Feist
You can reach Sam on his handles below:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/731798817405853
Please subscribe and give the Business Launch Podcast a 5 star rating if you like the show.
Faith, Listening and Building Communities with Qwayne Guevara from The Young Lions Cafe and The Hustle Society
December 18, 2022 • 37 MIN
Qwayne Guevera shares her story growing up in Western Sydney in a Filipino family in a diverse culture. She grew up learning to service in Church and Youth Groups. As she came back from the World Youth Day 2016, she realised that she wants to share her passion for building communities and started with her business partner Remi. After a few years, she realised that her Basketball Team was having a hard time to getting courts to train and decided to create her own Basketball Facility!!!
Top 3 Business Advice:
1. To really learn how to listen. - Continue to be teachable because you just never know when someone's going to give you a nugget.
2. Really remember and know your Why? Especially when things get tough. This will keep you going in the direction you want to go.
3. Build a Solid Community around you. This helps you spread your message and help you grow your business.
Qwayne has 3 books that she recommends:
1. The Wounded Healer
2. The Alchemist
You can reach out to Qwayne in her handles below:
Transforming Businesses through Consulting with Patrick Tsang
January 9, 2023 • 35 MIN
Patrick Tsang is a specialist in quality engineering practices whose been pivotal in transforming start ups and leading large scale programs of work. He specialises in identifying bottlenecks and proposing robust solutions to drive efficiency. A well rounded individual who builds relationships with ease and lasting impressions.
Pat's Top 3 Business Advice for Entrepreneurs and Business Owners:
1. Go to conference and meet ups and build a strong network.
2. Find a someone who has specific skillsets that specialise in what you are looking for.
3. Have a good support network that you can turn to.
Pat's book recommendation:
1. First book is the goal eliyahu goldratt
Book is about the lean Methology, Six Sigma and helps with any kind of Transformation in business.
2. The Phoenix Project by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, George Spafford.
If you want to get in Contact with Patrick, you can contact him in linked in and let him know that Carlo sent you from the Business Launch Podcast.
Linkedin Handle is https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickhinfaitsang/
Builidng a Publishing and Magazine Empire with Mike Ilagan
January 22, 2023 • 23 MIN
In an interview with Carlo Selorio, Mike Ilagan discusses his childhood in Sydney's West and how he discovered early on that he had a knack for entrepreneurship by buying candy in bulk when he was young and selling it for a profit. Mike completed a course in graphic design, but because he lacked experience, he was unable to get employment. Mike founded his own publication so he could build a portfolio. For the first five years, he didn't make any money, but he persisted and built a publishing empire.
Mike's Top 3 Business Advice:
1. Don't quit your day job just yet when you first start a business.
2. Do your research. Don't jump into any, um, I guess any business that you, you've seen in TV or heard your friends say, oh, this is a great business and you should be doing this.
3. Build a Strong Network
Mike's book recommendation is the Bible. You need to have your faith to turn to.
You can get Mike on his following handles:
Building a Property Investing business while working a 9 to 5 with Andrew Hew
February 2, 2023 • 58 MIN
Andrew Hew shares his story on how he started a property investing business part time while working a 9 to 5 job. Andrew has a portfolio of 12 properties in a span of 10 years by having a team of an Acountant, Brokers and Buyers Agent. Andrew breaks down his simple steps and mindset to get to his goals.
Andrew's business advice is having a goal in mind, that's really important because it's probably one of the, the best things that I did with my accountant at the time was just working out where you want to be.
What is it in 10 years time, in 20 years time, or whatever it is, whatever that end goal is in a, you know, with it's short, medium, long term. Having that in in mind then gives you something to aim towards and gives you, uh, then. , you can work backwards from there. It's almost like backwards architecting what you need to do.
Andrew's book recommendation:
1. Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
2. Barefoot Investor for Kids
If you want to connect with Andrew you can get him on linkedin below:
Interviewing Legends with Bevan 'Bevo' Jones
February 21, 2023 • 28 MIN
I delve into Bevan 'Bevo' Jones life on how he got started as a Podcaster interviewing Sports Legends and has a this is your life episodes for his Podcast.
Bevo got started in the Radio scene in Adelaide where he host Breakfast Radio shows in the country which led him into starting his Video Podcast Legends with Bevo.
Investing Insights: Unleashing the Power of Buyer's Agents with Kev Tran
April 1, 2023 • 25 MIN
Kev Tran shares his story growing up in Sydney's West where he learnt hard work from his Mum who migrated from Vietnam as refugee. He studied Hospital Management and got a job in the Casino industry where he helped High End clients who had abundance mindset on creating wealth which led him to Property Investing.