Longer Life and Smarter Tech: Educating A Workforce For An Unknown Future
May 2, 2023
In this episode of L&D in Action, we’re joined by Michelle Weise, author and founder of Rise and Design. Michelle describes how learning leaders will need to adapt their systems to equip workers for unpredictable technology and multifarious careers.
The power and pace of disruptive tech has turned many industries and organizations into unrecognizable versions of their past selves. In fact, many of the most sought-after jobs of today didn’t even exist 10 years ago. Because of this, many people have been left largely to their own devices to navigate this volatile world of work as job seekers. As the pace of change continues to quicken, companies need to develop ecosystems of learning and employment opportunities that make it easier on individuals to find their role and their place.
Our guest today is Michelle Weise
, founder of Rise and Design. Michelle has dedicated her career to helping organizations develop and implement innovative education strategies that prepare employees (and bottom lines) for jobs and tech that don’t exist yet.
Join us as we discuss:
- The characteristics of a learning ecosystem that supports people as holistic learners with a diverse education history.
- How to teach employees to be “dangerous” enough to exploit new technology.
- What developments to look for as traditional education begins to address professional competencies more.
- The importance of understanding your employees’ skills at a granular level.
- How “on- and off-ramps” between earning and learning may be a critical feature of future organizations.
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure to subscribe, rate and review on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts. Instructions on how to do this are here
L&D In Action: Winning Strategies from Learning Leaders is handcrafted by our friends over at: fame.so
Previous guests include: Simon Brown of Novartis, Ravin Jesuthasan of Mercer, Michael Lee Stallard of Connection Culture Group, Michelle Weise of Rise and Design and Dr. Nigel Paine of Learning Now TV.
Check out our five most downloaded episodes: