I am so smart, S-M-R-T!
August 24, 2022
"Often wrong, never in doubt." Have you worked for this person? On occasion a leader's BELIEVED knowledge and competence far exceeds their ACTUAL.
It's not always difficult to see in someone else, but can be really difficult observing in one's self. As leaders, how do we know we don't know? More importantly, how do you know you don't know AND how do you respond?
We use the Dunning-Krueger Effect as a jumping-off point to discuss leaders who believe they've got a handle on their knowledge, understanding, and competence, but it is fully mismatched with their behavior. How do we keep ourselves and our teams honest by recognizing that what we know about a particular situation or topic may not be the full complement of what can be known.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
EMAIL US at askus@ leadershipbs.co
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
If you would like more information about the Dunning-Kruger Effect that Dr. Sam mentioned in today's episode, here is an great article, The Dunning-Kruger Effect Explained
Today's Featured Coach -
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity email@example.com or 208-770-7701
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248