Communication was Fabulous, the Breakdown was Agreeing on the Understanding with Geoff McLachlan
March 22, 2023
Faith can be understood as an unwavering belief in something. In contrast, leaders in faith-based systems tend to describe their path as one of continual questions. learning, and new understanding.
Why do we expect communication to simply exist? Communication is a two-way street where you can see what's in front of you, but not necessarily what's in front of the other person. One of the struggles of communication comes to making meaning from one's point of view.
The challenge is to strive for understanding more than saying "what needs being said." Articulating a clear message is absolutely necessary. And hearing how that message is received is equally, if not more, important.
Communication doesn't break down, shared understanding does. If we're not clear on what we share, how it's heard, and what that means, we are destined to have conflict, strife, or even lost opportunities because we thought we knew what someone meant without double-checking for full understanding.
You're not alone! The No More Leadership BS team has lived experience and client observations that will help you move from communicating to understanding. Send us your thoughts or if you've got excess bravery, make a post on our Facebook page.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
EMAIL US at email@example.com
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
Today's Featured Coach -
Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at email@example.com or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-261-2117
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248