The Referral Diva®, Virginia Muzquiz, gives listeners invaluable pro tips for leveraging the power of networking for huge gains. Whether you’re an introvert or extravert, today’s show will make you question everything you thought you knew about networking.
Despite all the advanced strategies used in digital marketing, our guest today says that referrals still trump social media and email campaigns for highest ROI. And when it comes to referral tactics, today’s guest says she has a proven method for getting big results.
In this episode, Melinda talks with Virgina Muzquiz, aka The Referral Diva® . Virginia is the founder and CEO of Master Connectors, Inc., where she teaches the art of funneling high-quality referrals. She shares specific ways to build and organize a network that any entrepreneur can then nurture and leverage to realize impressive results. And no excuses for introverts, either!
In this episode we discuss:
- What is networking really for? (Hint: it’s not about selling or getting clients).
- The six step process for moving people through your network.
- The importance of reciprocity and reciprocal boundaries in each stage of the process.
- How do you know where to network?
- Why introverts may be better at networking than extroverts.
- What are the steps for building a plan for referrals?
“I think it really boils down to that your network is your net worth, and if you really want to turn that network into gold, you've got to be intentional, proactive, and courageous.” – Virginia Muzquiz
Virginia Muzquiz is the founder and CEO of Master Connectors, Inc., where she teaches the art of funneling high-quality referrals. Virginia has more than two decades of experience teaching entrepreneurs and small business owners her process, known as the Referral Alchemy. Her passion is teaching entrepreneurs how networking for business is profitable and fun. She developed her process by a word-of-mouth strategy and has helped companies find exponential growth.
Resources or websites mentioned in this episode:
- Coaches Console
- Virginia’s website
- Virginia’s LinkedIn
- Special offer: Business by Referral Blueprint
- Guest: Virginia Muzquiz
- Host: Melinda Cohan
- Producer: Cynthia Lamb
- Executive producer: Danny Iny
- Scripted and assembled by: Michi Lantz
- Audio Post Supervisor: Evan Miles, Christopher Martin
- Audio Post Production: Post Office Sound
- Music soundscape: Chad Michael Snavely
If you don't want to miss future episodes of Just Between Coaches, please subscribe to Apple podcasts or Spotify or wherever you're listening right now. And if you liked the show, please leave us a starred review. It's the best way to help us get these ideas to more people.
• Music and SFX credits:
•Track Title: Clouds
Artist Name(s): Acreage
Writer Name: Marshall Usinger
•Track Title: Coastline Dream
Artist Name(s): Wild Sky
Writer Name: Adam Simons
•Track Title: Coo Coos
Artist Name(s): Dresden, The Flamingo
Writer Name: Matthew Wigton
•Track Title: Stars & Trees
Artist Name(s): Outside The Sky
Writer Name: Dustin Ransom
Episode transcript: Rev Up Referrals (Virginia Muzquiz) Coming soon.