Do you compare yourself to more successful coaches? Do you wonder if others question your credibility? Michael Port explains why that is counterproductive. He also gives tips on how you can gain confidence in your credibility and market your business.
is an author, speaker and course creator. His latest book is titled The Referable Speaker.
He runs a business called Heroic Public Speaking
and is the host of the popular podcast, Steal the Show
In this episode we discuss:
- Why focusing on your credibility can be a really big mistake.
- Why your value is not a reflection of your idea of credibility.
- How to leverage other people’s processes to build your own credibility.
- How to effectively influence the way potential clients view your business.
- The mindset for successful growth and iteration.
- Learning and gaining credibility through strategic partnering.
“[Comparison] is just not a strategy that is effective. Because it's much better to be a great coach, then to market yourself as a great coach.” – Michael Port
Michael Port is the author of nine books, which have been translated into twenty-nine languages. A few of them have become perennial bestsellers and made it onto such lists as the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and USA Today. Some have won awards from 800-ceo-read and Amazon. After delivering thousands of paid speeches on the world's biggest stages, Michael and his wife, Amy, built Heroic Public Speaking HQ , a performance training center, to develop and nurture the next generation of professional speakers along with CEOs and founders, bestselling authors, business owners, and people leading movements and advancing important causes.
Resources or websites mentioned in this episode:
- Coaches Console
- Michael’s website
- Linda’s LinkedIn
- Guest: Michael Port
- Host: Melinda Cohan
- Producer: Cynthia Lamb
- Executive producer: Danny Iny
- Scripted and assembled by: Michi Lantz
- Audio Post Supervisor: Evan Miles, Christopher Martin
- Audio Post Production: Post Office Sound
- Music soundscape: Chad Michael Snavely
- Making our hosts sound great: Home Brew Audio
If you don't want to miss future episodes of Just Between Coaches, please subscribe to Apple podcasts or Spotify or wherever you're listening right now. And if you liked the show, please leave us a starred review. It's the best way to help us get these ideas to more people.
• Music and SFX credits:
•Track Title: Clouds
Artist Name(s): Acreage
Writer Name: Marshall Usinger
•Track Title: Coastline Dream
Artist Name(s): Wild Sky
Writer Name: Adam Simons
•Track Title: Coo Coos
Artist Name(s): Dresden, The Flamingo
Writer Name: Matthew Wigton
•Track Title: Stars & Trees
Artist Name(s): Outside The Sky
Writer Name: Dustin Ransom
Episode transcript: Credibility Check (Michael Port) Coming soon.