Improvement for Thee, Not For Me
September 21, 2022
A It can be so easy to observe the improvement opportunities in others. In fact, when a team is not doing well, it can be so easy to try to figure out what to do with... those people.
Frequently, we see a return on what we cast out. If a team is performing badly, it might be best to look at the leader. But the leader frequently cannot accurate look at themselves AND assess what they're doing, how it's affecting the team, and how to change behavior to yield the expected outcome.
While it can be enticing to take on the frustration and dissatisfaction and offer a solution, it is more effective to listen to the frustration, understand, and move together rather than just declare a solution that may cause more struggle than already exists.
Listen for battle-tested approaches to leadership development when the team is not doing well, and the problem really doesn't reside with the team.short summary
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
EMAIL US at askus@ leadershipbs.co
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
Today's Featured Coach -
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity email@example.com or 208-770-7701
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248