Paying Attention is a Free Investment in Great Relationships with Geoff McLachlan
June 28, 2023
"I was so poor, I couldn't even pay attention."
It's an old joke, but, like any good humor, there's some truth in there. When you've got a scarcity of resources (e.g. poor), it's difficult to have focus on anything. If you're not able to invest a non-retail service, there is no way other things are going well.
Leaders are required to pay attention to various issues. KPI's, goals, shareholder expectations, etc. Effective leaders demonstrate their superpower of paying attention to metrics and budgets while also attending to the needs of the human for whom they hold responsibility.
It can be easy to pay attention to reports; data, charts, graphs, and executive summaries because the information is presented to you. Paying attention to important things that don't show up on a quarterly report like an employee's disposition, when a conversation falls silent, when a project keeps gaining steam and is ahead of schedule, these are also data, but not information that can be gathered passively.
Leaders pay attention actively, consistently, and purposefully. The No More Leadership BS team addresses various angles of paying attention, why it's important, and how you, as a leader, can develop paying attention as a superpower.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
. EMAIL US at email@example.com
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.Today's Featured Coach -
Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at email@example.com or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-261-2117
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248