Somebody Tell Me What I Should Do
October 18, 2022
As much as leaders like to wrestle with the decisions of the day, sometimes it would be nice if someone would just say, "This is what you should do."
Absent the directive nature of giving instruction, the question our group wrestles with is, "Should you?" What does "should" mean to you? Is it simply a question? Is it a word wrapped in regret? Maybe it means action you are being told you should take.
Shoulding all over the place can harbor frustration. Once leaders step away from should and head toward action, magic can happen. There are times and places for should and there are times and places it does not belong.
Our journey starts with shoulding one's self, includes policy observation, and arcs back to behavioral change. While we won't say "you should listen," we do offer that you might gain insight if you do listen to this episode.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
Send us your questions, comments or leadership stories at email@example.com
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
Today's Featured Coach -
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity email@example.com or 208-770-7701