I am an Experienced Professional and I am Clueless on How This Team Works with Jeff Conroy
June 14, 2023
*beware gratuitous sports reference ahead*
Imagine being a guard on an American football team. You're good, but the team can bring on 2 other people in different positions if you're traded. So your new team takes you in, puts you in position and says, "go."
You're a professional guard, you know the position, you know the objectives. You don't know the specific plays for this new team. If no one shows you, no matter how good you are, your success will be limited.
When we bring new people into our organizations, we expect them to have some skills and abilities. So we spend a lot of time HRing the crap out of them, but less time getting them up to speed on their day job. How successful can any person be without appropriate instruction, guidance, or even training?
There's more to onboarding than checklists and compliance. Giving new employees every opportunity to succeed by introducing them to and becoming a member of the community is where they have the chance to thrive, not just survive.
The No More Leadership BS group shares their experiences, observations, and recommendations on how to keep the high-flyers you hire, flying high on the job.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
. EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.Today's Featured Coach -
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
The rest of the gang:
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at email@example.com or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-261-2117
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248