Is Ripping Off the Band Aid the Only Option with Dr. Sam Jennings II
September 27, 2023
Anticipation of pain is a significant issue. It has been told that some people training to be Navy SEALS call it quits AFTER a grueling day but BEFORE the next day. They've made it through one more day that tested their limits. But the anticipation of another day, is too much to bear.
When we talk about "ripping off the band aid" we tend to mean we're going to a difficult and painful thing, but if we're decisive and quick, that will be better.
Perhaps. However, just because something is difficult, doesn't mean it has to be abrupt. There are ways to be decisive, use tact, care, and concern appropriately to reduce the pain of a difficult situation. As Dr. Sam mentions at the top of the episode, an actual bandage was removed using some kind of magic elixir that helped the adhesive dissolve. That didn't change whether the bandage comes off, just the manner in which is needs to exit.
As a leader, you will have metaphoric adhesive bandages to remove, it will happen. How you proceed to minimize pain in the process and maximize effectiveness will be imperative. Judgment, experience, and seeking the wisdom of others will help you make an even better decision moving forward. The No More Leadership BS team brings their experiences for their tough decisions that they've managed well and not so well so you can move to your next band aid moment with intentionality.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
. EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.Today's Featured Coach -
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity email@example.com or 208-261-2117
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248