There's More to Goal Setting than New Year's Resolutions.
December 29, 2021
New Year's resolutions don't work! That may be a pretty strong statement, but exchanging old destructive habits into more productive ones is hard. Since so many of us know this from experience, it can't be because we lack motivation or worse, are just plain lazy!. In fact, according to a recent study, of the 41% of Americans who make New Year's resolutions, by the end of the year, only 9% feel they are successful in keeping them. If you are in the "other 91%" and are ready to really make the improvements in 2022 that could propel you into leadership success, drop in on this week's conversation as Mr. Jeff Geier of Phoenix Coaching, LLC leads us through the debate of what actually does work when it comes to setting goals.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
. If we read your story on a future episode, you will win a professional Behavioral and Motivator Assessment along with a Debrief with one of the coaches on our team.
Today's Featured Coach - Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC
You can listen to the Victor Wooten Commencement Speech that Jeff Conroy mentioned here
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC.
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Trainer- Helping you do the hard things that stand in the way of success - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC