The "It Factor" Can't Replace Leadership, Even if You're Tall
February 1, 2023
"Yeah, but they don't look like an executive."
What does an executive look like? Do they resemble the paintings of people who ran the company since it was built and kept in the family tree? Do they look like the namesake for O magazine?
Why do we think that the tallest, oldest, or (subjectively) best-dressed person in the room is the leader? What happens when we're wrong about that.
Leaders come in all packages; different heights, body sizes, skin tones, and hair types. Wrapped up in what we consider to be professional lie assumptions we have about the quality of a leader and how they physically present to us. The best part is that it's all backed by research and we can also push against it.
The No More Leadership BS team tackles the mythological leader extracted from the Big and Tall section to discuss how leadership develops, and can be recognized, in any person. One thing to look for is fighting one's own cognitive bias to find the great qualities in a leader especially when they don't match the pop culture version of what a leader looks like.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
EMAIL US at askus@ leadershipbs.co
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
Today's Featured Coach -
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at email@example.com or 509-869-4506
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-261-2117
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248