A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the... Nope, This Just Sucks, Embrace It with Jeff Geier
October 11, 2023
"Embrace the Suck." Coined by the US Navy SEALs, this phrase refers to consciously accepting and appreciating something extremely unpleasant for the sake of forward progression.
Why start the commentary of this episode with the previous statement? A) We don't steal the work of others, B) we cite sources as appropriate, and C) we absolutely have no desire for any number of Navy SEALS to come after us. No. Desire. At. All.
There is no living human who hasn't had to embrace the suck for something in their life. The nature of suck may be VERY different, but to that individual, the bad thing they're experiencing SUCKS! It's not a competition. Our brains respond to stress in our own context. What some people consider stressful, others consider a welcome break from their daily life.
When we're on our journey, sometimes we see warning signs, "Crappy Moment Ahead: Prepare for it to Suck." Sometimes The Suck just shows up without warning. What can we do? We can complain and argue and fight against it... or we can embrace it and do whatever we can possibly do to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.
In this episode, the No More Leadership BS team shares insights, wisdom, and fully embraces the suck of embracing a sucky circumstance.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
. EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
Today's Featured Coach -
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at email@example.com or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-261-2117