Your Journey from Ideas to Goals is Only a Dream without a Balanced Scorecard
January 18, 2023
Hard working employees are committed and engaged. When people start to move away from commitment and engagement, it is very likely because they don't see how their work matters. Then, they become less hard-working.
If you're a leader responsible for strategic planning, it's up to you to figure out how to make the plan come to life. If that's your goal. If the plan is to put together a strategic plan that could be mistaken for an annual report and is laminated and put in a binder; you can do that... anyone can do that.
If you're a leader who wants to bring meaning to that strategic plan, a balanced scorecard will get you there. The scorecard will help each person have better ways to understand how they contribute to the overall mission in a meaningful way. This is not "thank you for all you do" but really having intentional metrics for each function to strive for in order to meet the goals of the strategic plan under budget and on time.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
If you would like to claim your free copy of the Balance Scorecard along with a completed sample so you can make a plan that everyone will buy into, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Balance Scorecard" in the subject line and we will send it right to you.
Today's Featured Coach -
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
The rest of the gang:
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at email@example.com or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-261-2117
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248