Today's Customer Service Struggle
September 14, 2022
We’re kind of, sort of, maybe at least mostly partially working and living in a post-pandemic environment. One of the things we still haven’t sorted out is how to treat people right so they can envision themselves working front-line jobs. If people are treated badly by customers, why would they want to have that job?
Employers have responded by increasing some wages and automating some points of service. Is this something we can app our way through? Is it all on employers to figure out? Does that guy in front of me think screaming through the intercom at the poor teenager trying to take the ever-changing order think he’s accomplishing something?
We tackle views on customer service with compassion, frustration, empathy, annoyance, and a heap of “well, that ain’t right.” As always, we boil an issue down to its core elements and share what we see as paths forward. With any problem, there are a lot of variables. Identifying which ones a leader can impact is the challenge and charge.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
EMAIL US at askus@ leadershipbs.co
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
Today's Featured Coach -
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
The rest of the gang:
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity email@example.com or 208-770-7701
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248