#2: Why Copying Social Media Strategies Doesn't Work
August 17, 2021
Have you ever tried to copy what someone else was doing on social media, and it failed? And if you’re like me, you may have blamed yourself. “I’m just not as good as them.” But it’s NOT your fault it failed, and in this episode I’m going to break down 4 key reasons we fail when copying someone else’s strategy, as well as how to get around them.
There IS a way to copy what successful people are doing on social media - it just requires knowing a few things. I'm sharing what those are in this episode of Social Media for Streamlined Entrepreneurs.
In this episode:
- [02:38] Reason #1 copying social media strategies doesn't work is we can only see part of what they are doing. Jerry shares how to get around this.
- [05:46] Reason #2 is you're not them and they aren't you.
- [09:06] Reason #3 is you and the person you are copying are in different places, in more ways than one.
- [11:29] Reason #4 is what worked for them before may not work anymore, even for them! This applies when someone in your industry is teaching you how they grew.
- [13:58] Our community #WIN Of The Week where Brian Wild is having record months of revenue!
Want to streamline your social media?
"Posting & Hoping" is not an effective (or sustainable) social media strategy. Join me for 3 Secrets To Streamlining Your Social Media Strategy
to start narrowing your focus and increasing your results.
This training is free, but space is limited so grab your slot here
Links & Resources
to see this episode in your browser