Why We Never See Leaders Wear Capes and Tights with Myra Hall
March 29, 2023
*gravelly Batman voice* I need to do this on my own.
That is certainly heroic, but is it leadership? If it is leadership, who is following?
On your team, who is the hero? Is the hero the person at the top of the org chart? If so, who is the mentor? Who is providing guidance?
Generally, the myth of hero leadership leads to one person "doing everything" in their own eyes and everyone else just backing off and watching. If this is the approach, the ability to grow the group into a team is diminished because there is no room for more heroes; only fans.
The positive side of heroism is taking the heat to empower and enable your team to thrive. The hero removes the roadblocks to help the team on their journey.
In your experience, what kind of hero leadership have you seen? How did that effect your team? Where are you now and where do you want to be?
Consider your experiences as the No More Leadership BS team shares some insights and pokes the heroic bear to move leaders toward continued improvement.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
EMAIL US at email@example.com
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
Today's Featured Coach -
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you excited about life again. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity email@example.com or 208-261-2117
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248