Stress Management for Leaders: Finding Balance in a Demanding World with Jeff Geier
November 1, 2023
I'm so stressed! There's so much! Too much!
Stress can be bad, unhealthy. Too much of anything can be negative. Stress can also be very good. Stress on our muscles can cause damage AND growth. So stress is not going anywhere, what in the world can we do?
1️⃣ We can react or we can respond. Usually reacting is less measured than responding.
2️⃣ Stress is necessary and we can manage how we engage it.
3️⃣ It is more effective if stress represents a brief peak rather than a constant state.
Leaders face all kinds of stress. The decisions they have to make for big picture issues impact many others. Negotiating how to address a difficult conversation with another person is not everyone's favorite task. We've pinpointed the issue... now what?
The No More Leadership BS team addresses stress, stressors, and how we respond. SPOILER: our recommendation is NOT to avoid stress. We're not advocating for hermitism. As a leader, you have the ability to engage in meaningful behaviors to appropriately manage the stressors in your life. You also have the responsibility to do so in order to serve those who look to you for leadership.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
. EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.Today's Featured Coach -
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at email@example.com or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome life's roadblocks so you can get excited about life again!. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-261-2117