That Feeling When You Set Your Intentions and then Wander Off in the Opposite Direction
June 21, 2023
There are bosses who have titles and like to be in charge, bark orders, pass the blame, and take all the credit.
Effective leaders have particular superpowers that help them engage people and move toward the goals of the organization as a unit, not an individual.
This superpower is intention. What's the difference between saying you'll do something and actually doing it? Saying it is good because it can create the tension to move you to action; but it's not enough. Once the tension is set, without accountability, the tension will wind up within the leader until it comes out in a negative way such as frustration, demoralization, and damaged relationships.
Effective leaders set the tension and then take action to ensure that the tension is utilized in a constructive way. Set a goal, make a plan, and take action.
Ah, if it was just that easy! The No More Leadership BS team addresses the concept of setting intentions, transitioning them into action, and how the outcome can be realized. From long-term goals to episodic explosive production, the team approaches a wide array of engagement, leadership, and productivity all with specific intention.
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
. EMAIL US at email@example.com
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.Today's Featured Coach -
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity email@example.com or 208-261-2117
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248