Quiet Quitting’s Brash Cousin Hustle ‘n Grind
August 31, 2022
There is no question that hard work is necessary. This may be true across cultures. However, does working hard mean you need to do it constantly? In US culture, Hustle ‘n Grind takes the lead and if you’re not all about the hustle, then you’re a slacker. The idea of Quiet Quitting is doing the bare minimum to keep one’s job. Is Quiet Quitting worse than Hustle ‘n Grind?
Hustling and grinding sounds like a business romance for any romcom, but in reality, no one can sprint forever. Also, grinding, by it’s very nature, takes big things and breaks them down into smaller things until there is no real recognizable properties in the powder that resemble the original material. When we’re grinding, we think we’re grinding the work (whatever that means) but there is no way we are not grinding ourselves into a fine dust.
Being effective without working yourself to death is possible. There are many examples and cultures that model this. After listening to this episode, what are you going to do to take care of your OWN needs? What is one thing you can do to take a step away from Hustle ‘n Grind to recover your own physical and mental health?
Have questions, or just a great story to tell about Leadership BS you have experienced? Let us know by emailing us
EMAIL US at askus@ leadershipbs.co
Come join our >> Facebook Group
<< where the party lives on and you are part of the discussion.
Today's Featured Coach -
Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-869-4506
The rest of the gang:
- Jeff Conroy - Organizational and Non-profit Expert, Motivational Speaker, Coach - Executive Leader | Difference Maker for nonprofits in strategic planning, operations, and fundraising and development. Owner/Founder of Conroy Leadership Consulting, LLC. Reach Jeff at jeff@ConroyleadershipConsulting.com or 208-215-6285
- Geoff McLachlan - Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Coach, Bringing Fun Back Into the Workplace, Owner/Founder of Professionals At Play Reach Geoff directly at email@example.com or 509-869-4506
- Myra Hall - Individual and Team Coaching, Midlife Mentoring- Helping you identify and overcome the things that keep you from loving your life. - Owner/Founder Waypoint Coaching Group Reach Myra at Myra@WaypointCoachingGrp.com or 765-623-9711
- Dr. Sam Jennings II - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - provides leadership coaching for decision-makers who want to improve workplace culture. 360 Clarity also provides diversity & inclusion, training, keynote speaking, and training workshops, Owner/Founder 360 Clarity firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-770-7701
- Jeffrey Geier - Motivational Speaker, Trainer, and Coach - Helping You Win in Work & Life Owner/Founder of Phoenix Coaching LLC Reach Jeffrey at Jeff@PhoenixCoachingLLC.com or 509-553-9248