Dr Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Beverly Hills, California who is passionate about integrative women’s health and has a book on menopause coming out in October.
This episode and all of season 1 is sponsored by Become
Themes: Ayurveda, Eastern and Western medicine, exercise, nutrition, HRT, gynecology, menopause, perimenopause
Summary: Dr Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Beverly Hills, California who is passionate about integrative women’s health and has a book on menopause coming out in October. We speak about medicine as an exchange of energy, why doctors need to be curious, her own awakening to how the patriarchy informs the medical system and how she found her way to Ayurveda. Suzanne has a unique window into menopause hormone therapy, having recovered from breast cancer in her 40s, and we go deep into why prescribing it is a process of discovery that changes from woman to woman. Stay tuned: she also tells us the one thing we can do today that reduces our risk of all disease – and menopause symptoms – at this time of life.
• why medicine is an exchange of energy (6.30)
• what prompted her to embrace Eastern medicine, too (11.40)
• why she sees gynecology as ‘well woman care’ (23.15)
• why prescribing hormone therapy is different for every woman (28.30)
• her take on HRT risks (33.50)
• the number one thing you can do for menopause and future health risks (40.00)
• how testosterone can help, why we need more data and pellets (43.30)
• her take on progesterone (51.50)
• real talk about diets and weight challenges at this time of life (58.15)
Where to find Suzanne:
anti-flush cooling clothing | Use code HOTFLASHINC to get a 20 percent discount.
Join the Hotflash Inc perimenoposse: