In this episode, Larry speaks with Vera Stewart the founder of VeryVera. She explains how her television show went from a 6 show commitment to a now 10 season-long run and being broadcasted in 30 metropolitan markets spanning from Texas all the way to New York.
• From a home business to a full-scale catering company and mail order business.
• How she was syndicated by year 3 (usually takes 5 years minimum).
• No one is going to open the door for you.
• Don’t be afraid to speak up for yourself.
• How she used the 16 Personalities test to fine-tune her hiring process.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [6:09] Throwdown with Bobby Flay. [9:05] Getting her own TV show. [15:30] Getting top billing on Oprah’s O List.