Search Listening: How One Billion Google Health Searches a Day Can Inform Pharma Launches with Julia Walsh, CEO of Brand Medicine International
December 21, 2022
In this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, Bozidar is joined by Julia Walsh, CEO of Brand Medicine International. If you want to learn more about leading a successful pharma marketing campaign in the US, tune in to this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, a Podcast by Evermed.
- How can pharma tap into patients' concerns when preparing a product launch?
- How can pharma produce content that will engage patients?
- How can the search listening methodology help pharma companies work more effectively with patient advocacy groups?
To answer these questions, Bozidar is joined by Julia Walsh, CEO of Brand Medicine International.
- [ 01:45 ] - In the relationship between pharma and patients, there are certain limitations on what pharma can and cannot do. Pharma executives are talking about doing more educational content for patients. However, it doesn’t happen yet because of this regulatory framework that prohibits pharma from doing that. There is also a digital disconnect between patients and pharma. Patients are not permitted to be directly communicated to in many markets
- [ 05:29 ] - Search listening is a way of analyzing the aggregated questions that are asked around a specific topic, and it is estimated about a billion health-related questions are asked in Google every day. So there is a big opportunity for pharma to approach patients with relevant and valuable content. The other part of search listening is listening to the long-form questions in the words that patients and healthcare professionals use, which is different from SEO
- [ 10:11 ] - Even six months before your launch or earlier, your product will be in clinical trials. That is where understanding the digital landscape through search is a powerful way to map that collective consciousness around a specific disease and ultimately through to your treatment.
- [ 15:23 ] - Pharma brands compete with consumer-savvy influencers and YouTube stars. Taking that into account is significant. Companies try to do the right thing by rigorously producing fully-balanced content. But if it does not consider science and is not accessible and relatable to the audience, then nobody will see it. So this is an opportunity to collaborate with those influencers.
If you want to learn more about leading a successful pharma marketing campaign in the US, tune in to this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, a Podcast by Evermed.
And connect with Julia here:
About The Show:
“Pharma Launch Secrets” is a podcast by Evermed and hosted by Bozidar Jovicevic, where we host direct, actionable conversations with world-leading pharma launch experts and help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies to help you launch your product successfully.
Previous guests include: Trevor Landry of Syneos Health, Indraneel Mukherjee of ZS Associates, Meg Heim of Heim Global Consulting, Scott Snyder of EVERSANA, Andrew Willmer of Symbiotix, Bharti Rai of CVS, Brendan Gallagher of Publicis Health and Matthew Goodman of LUCENT Biopharma.
Check out our three most downloaded episodes:
Pharma Launch Secrets is handcrafted by our friends over at: fame.so