Celebrate being over 50! Episode 70
April 17, 2017
Lorraine Ladish is a 21st Century Communicator, helping empower women and others to achieve their goals. She is the founder and CEO of Viva Fifty! a bilingual community that celebrates being over 50. She’s worked as an editor and social media coordinator for a number of online publications. Her next book on embracing age will be published by HarperCollins in 2017.
By choice, Lorraine always worked, but never on a payroll. She thought everyone did what they loved.
Her Dad wanted her to be a Marine Biologist because he thought it was stable and she’d make a lot of money. Now she makes more staying at home than Marine Biologists do.
Lorraine tries to inspire women to live their best life every day and to celebrate being over 50!
She wants to inspire women who speak both English and Spanish to live their best lives. When you do something you are passionate about, it makes you feel purposeful, happy and helps to avoid a downhill spiral in retirement.
The sections of her website are:
* Grace (Beauty)
* Escape (what to do when you aren’t working)
It turns out English speakers are looking for beauty and Spanish speakers are looking for Relationships
She caters to all types of people. There is no “one size fits all” for being over 50.
* People are entering their 60s with young children
* Some 50-year-old women are having children!
* Some grandparents are raising grandchildren
Lorraine gave some great advice: Do what you love. Spain has a caste system that is difficult to break. She did it, and if Lorraine did it you can too! Think of what you wish you had done or would do for free, for example, YOU could write a book. Think of the one thing you want to do, and then just do it! You CAN love being over 50!
Tu mejor edad: Para tener una vida extraordinaria (Spanish Edition)
* ¡Emprende! De mamá sola y sin recursos a empresaria digital
* Estoy Embarazada, Y Ahora Que?: Confidencias Para La Nueva Madre (Spanish Edition)
* REACH! from single mom on welfare to digital entrepreneur
* Miedo a Comer (Spanish Edition)
* Diario del exito (Spanish Edition)
* Volver a empezar (Coleccion Psicologia) (Spanish Edition)
* 7 estrategias para sacar partido a los libros de autoayuda (Spanish Edition)
* Nino creativo,