A/J Jackson, the band leader of Saint Motel, signed with the UK-based Parlophone Records in 2014, the same record label that the Beetles signed to in 1962. Being signed in the UK opened new and exciting worlds after playing just about every dive bar in the US. Today we talk about the steps building up to the band’s success, and how every experience changes you in some way.
• When the routine is good and when it’s bad.
• Toured dive bars all over the countries.
• Starting in the “Mail Room” of the music business.
• Growth is always a matter of steps.
• No one has to lose.
• Winning can be more special
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [7:56] Band signed out of UK. [13:15] Made same music since 5 years old. [15:36] Success has a lot of moving parts.