Do your kids or teens ever seem on the brink of burnout? In this episode, we discuss the real toll chronic stress can take on high achieving kids and teens and what to do about it. We also tackle big questions like how to foster healthy motivation, how to maintain influence with your kids, and how to harness the power of a "plan B."
Ned Johnson is an author, speaker, and founder of PrepMatters, an educational company providing academic tutoring, educational planning, and standardized test preparation. A professional “tutor-geek” since 1993 and battle-tested veteran of test prep, stress regulation and student performance, Ned has spent nearly 50,000 one-on-one hours helping students conquer an alphabet of standardized tests, learn to manage their anxiety, and develop their own motivation to succeed
With Dr. William Stixrud, Ned co-authored The Self-Driven Child: The Science and Sense of Giving Your Kids More Control Over Their Lives
and also What Do You Say? How To Talk With Kids To Build Motivation, Stress Tolerance, and a Happy Home
Ned is the host of the PrepTalks podcast: conversations with parenting and education experts. A sought-after speaker and teen coach on study skills, sleep deprivation, parent-teen dynamics, and test anxiety, and his work is featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, NPR, BBC, and many others.
To subscribe on iTunes: go to iTunes store→ Music→ podcasts→ type in "Compassion Parenting" in search & click on icon→ click “subscribe” button
To Leave a Podcast Review
Leaving a podcast review at iTunes isn't intuitive. But positive ratings are hugely important: they help the podcast get discovered by new people. Please spend 5 minutes of your time to leave a review using one of the methods below.
How to leave a podcast review using Apple’s Podcast app
- Launch Apple’s Podcast App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter the name of the show (i.e., “Compassion Parenting Podcast”) into the search field
- Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes)
- Scroll down past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews
- Click “Write a Review” underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners. (Enter your iTunes password to login). You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
How to leave a podcast review at iTunes
- Go to the iTunes page of the Compassion Parenting Podcast.
- Click the "View in iTunes" button.
- At iTunes, click the Ratings and Reviews tab.
- You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
**When you’ve written a review, tag me or msg me on IG @compassionparenting & I’ll give you a shoutout on my story & a personal TY!
xo, Dr. Mary