6 - Who Has Your Child's Heart? (with Dan Martin)
September 19, 2021
In this episode, Graham interviews Dan Martin, a awesome, faithful man of God who is a former pastor and currently works in the Internet Evangelism Department at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), based in Charlotte. Dan is a humble man who has so much to teach us, as he and his wife Jennifer have faithfully "run the race" of parenting.
Former pastor Dan Martin is part of the exclusive "3 Daughters Club" (of which your host is a card-carrying member) and has so much to teach us young parents. In this episode, Dan shares:
- What his ultimate desires were for his daughters, and how he wanted them to desire something beyond themselves.
- His one primary regret (Editor's note: this is worth the price of admission; when a faithful man of God like Dan Martin says he has a regret, the rest of us will do well to listen up!).
- That as important as family is, we have to be careful not to make it the ultimate thing (such wisdom!).
- How when he pastored a church, his daughters were an important part of the ministry of the church -- and he challenges us to incorporate our children into our ministry activities.
- What it's like for him and his wife, Jennifer, to be "empty-nesters" and how he has developed a deep respect for his daughters.
- How and why he desperately wanted to win his daughters' hearts.
- What he said to one of his daughter's suitors when he asked for his blessing -- and how God brought that to a beautiful fruition.
- About blessings in the Bible.
If this podcast been a blessing to you, please consider subscribing, leaving us a review and/or donating to our Patreon account. Thank you!