In life, we often cross paths with those, who ultimately, change our lives forever. John Clendenin first experienced one of these difference makers as a kid when he got a scholarship to ski for an upstate New York prep school, that was known for producing Olympic skiers. His ski journey was only just beginning, and he eventually went on to perform in the Andy Williams Christmas special and earn two world freestyle championships.
• Tijuana taxi on skis.
• 4 Mentors – Warren Witherell, Phil Jarrard, Cal Cantrell, and Harry Lenard
• If it can’t be taught from the feet up, it can’t be taught.
• You’ve got to be entertaining.
• Everybody must a chance to talk: Breaks barriers.
• The key to fun, got to focus, got to get 1st success early.
Use the link: https://vimeo.com/549698489/77ca8abf6a to see a 3-minute example of John's ski instructions!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [2:53] Racing Scholarship. [8:15] What you’re doing with your feet. [13:18] Whole change in demeanor.