Greice Murphy may look like a beauty queen, but she is much more than that. She is the Founder and CEO of Advanced Care Partners an in-home pediatric and adult nursing care service. She founded her company in 2010 and currently has over 1,300 employees and is making over $33M a year in revenue. Greice came to the US in 2003 as a currency trader and taught herself English by reading the labels at her local Walgreens.
• From an 18,000 town in Brazil.
• Everything started with winning a beauty contest and getting her MBA.
• Have No Regrets, When Opportunity Comes, Jump on It!
• Her parents asked, “Why did she want more?” Meaning why did she want to move away from home and go all the way to the United States. She answered, “Because the sky is the limit.”
• Resilience – You can always be better.
• Make mistakes – They can be your biggest teachers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [3:38] Won national title for a beauty contest. [6:18] Your biggest teacher is your last mistake. [15:40] Why was it important to move to the US?