189. BARRY-ROUBAIX One of the Largest Gravel Road Races in the World with MATT ACKER
In this episode, you will learn about, One of the Largest and Oldest Gravel Races in the world - Barry-Roubaix. Matt Acker, a past participant and now part owner, with his wife and friends, will share the details about the event and how a town has rallied behind them to make Barry-Roubaix one of the most Epic events to attend each year.
- The largest gravel road bicycle race in the world!
- Kick off the race season with over 3,800 of your fellow cyclists
- Challenging race traversing the rolling and scenic gravel roads throughout Barry County, Michigan
- Over $40,000 in awards cash and prizes
- Gravel, Cyclocross, Mountain, Road, Single-Speed, Fixed gear, Fatbikes & Tandem bicycles are welcome in any category
- The courses will be marked with the exception of the 100 mile (GPS files, cue sheets and maps are provided). Directional arrows will be coordinated with your race length.
RED = 62 mile, YELLOW = 36 mile and BLUE = 18 mile race
- Race starts in waves to give riders ample room to enjoy the ride and scenery.
- Neutral aid stations
- A huge after-party and awards ceremony
- Founders beer and food vendors inside the awards party
- An exceptionally organized and well-executed event
- Registration opens Dec 4, 2021 at 8 AM EST
WHERE IS THE BARRY-ROUBAIX?
- CITY: Hastings, Michigan 49058
- Start/Finish: Church and Center street, Hastings, MI 49058
WHEN IS THE BARRY-ROUBAIX?
The race usually takes place the 3rd Saturday in April. If that weekend conflicts with the Easter Holiday, we move the race date forward, avoiding the typical early April, Spring Break weekends.