Launch Planning in Digital-First Reality: How can a Traditional “Reach and Frequency” Model be Adapted to Omnichannel Future
March 15, 2023
In this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, Bozidar is joined by Peter Marchesini, Senior Vice President at Indegene
- The Cost of a sales rep visit in the US is $300-$400 - what is the digital equivalent of one rep visit?
- What is the product adoption journey of HCPs nowadays and how can pharma companies respect it and achieve successful launches?
- What tools in the omnichannel toolbox does pharma have nowadays, and how should they plan to use them before launch?
- How to adjust sales rep planning in the digital-first launches? What is “Territory Warming”?
To answer these questions Bozidar is joined by Peter Marchesini, Senior Vice President at Indegene.
- [ 02:28 ] - Five years ago, sales reps were the sole means of delivering a brand's messaging to HCPs but were highly inefficient and expensive. Thanks to new technologies and digitization, they can provide your company's messaging more efficiently.
- [ 07:56 ] - Customer segmentation starts by identifying like-minded physicians and digital affinity can be based on past interactions with them. If you segment your digitally savvy doctors, and the rest of them need to see reps because they're not interacting digitally, you've automatically cut that list down to an approachable number of physicians or HCPs that will interact with you.
- [ 15:30 ] - A sales rep visit in the US costs $300-$400. But the digital equivalent is much lower because you won't have $10 billion launches anymore. Furthermore, you can reach every target on day one of your launch.
- [ 28:21 ] - Digital can help "warm the territory" at a level your customer can understand your product. The rep could answer questions in more detail and follow up with information that may reinforce that messaging less expensively.
If you want to learn more about leading a successful pharma marketing campaign in the US, tune in to this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, a Podcast by Evermed.
And connect with Peter here:
About The Show:
“Pharma Launch Secrets” is a podcast by Evermed and hosted by CEO Bozidar Jovicevic. We host direct, actionable conversations with world-leading pharma launch experts and help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies to help you launch your product successfully.
Previous guests include: Trevor Landry of Syneos Health, Indraneel Mukherjee of ZS Associates, Meg Heim of Heim Global Consulting, Scott Snyder of EVERSANA, Andrew Willmer of Symbiotix, Bharti Rai of CVS, Brendan Gallagher of Publicis Health and Matthew Goodman of LUCENT Biopharma.
Check out our three most downloaded episodes:
Pharma Launch Secrets is handcrafted by our friends over at: fame.so