Welcome to the podcast! This episode is all about the Travelers Conference as we are just over a month out. TravCon is Sept 26th - 29th in Las Vegas at the Paris Hotel and it’s going to be epic. I’m going to give you a general overview of the conference, what to expect while you’re there, and later some insider tips so stay tuned for that.
The Travelers Conference has 3 arms it focuses on:
- There’s almost 50 sessions across the 4 days, many of them eligible for CEs- The main two days have 5 rooms of concurrent sessions
- Pre & post conference sessions of NBC & Medical Spanish
- Multiple certifications including BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, AWHONN & CPI
- Travelers rarely get to meet recruiters - or anyone from their company - so this is the perfect opportunity to put several companies on your short list for the coming year
- The exhibit hall has over 90 exhibitors - many of them staffing companies with open positions
- The exhibit hall also has a tax expert for travelers, a university offering online degrees, multiple housing & hotel companies offering short-term housing deals, social apps for connecting online with each other, multiple new job board/marketplace apps, credentialing platforms making life on the road waaaaay easier, two health insurance experts, a nurse who organizes international education cruises, hospital ships you can volunteer on, a mortgage lender who understands healthcare travelers, a travel nurse author, and a whole section of medical scrubs, shoes and wearables
- This is your one big chance to connect with fellow travelers who understand and live your lifestyle. This conference has become a family reunion for so many travelers, as working on the road is a tough, and lonely job.
- Starting many days before the conference there there are unofficial social events organized by other travelers who add to the magic of TravCon. These include wine tasting events, skydiving, golfing, hiking, meet & greets etc- On Sunday, we start our pre-conference events including Newbie BootCamp where you have both a networking lunch and a cocktail reception afterwards.