When Travis Rosbach walked into Whole Foods ready to pitch his product, he had no idea all the opportunities that would present themselves. He had so much success with Hydroflask, but his journey soon came to an end and he had the time and money to do what he always wanted to do, which was travel the world. Eventually, he realized he had a lot of information that could help others with ideas and get to the right manufacturers so he founded the Tumalo Group in 2014.
• Started selling on the side of the road since they wouldn’t let him sell at his local Saturday market.
• Sold at festivals, outdoor events, then to Whole Foods, then outdoor retail stores.
• Sold in 5 years – Bittersweet.
• Jubilation – Money hits the bank.
• It took months for the realization to hit that he was out of work.
• Scars and pitfalls qualify you to advise others.
• Darkest times come from fear – Fear of things that may never happen.
• The awesome feeling of helping new entrepreneurs get started.
• How much passion do they have? – The starting peace.
• The problem when the word money keeps coming up in conversation.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [4:32] Still ice in it Saturday morning. [11:02] Very exhausting process. [18:01] Scary to have employees.