More joy anyone? In this interview, mindfulness expert Dr. Siegel discusses how we can help ourselves and our kids break free from constant comparisons and self-evaluating narratives to find more joy. He tells about "the extraordinary gift" it is to embrace the ordinary.
Dr. Ronald Siegel is an Assistant Professor of Psychology, part time, at Harvard Medical
School, where he has taught for over 35 years. He's a longtime student of mindfulness meditation and serves on the Board of Directors and faculty of the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy. He teaches internationally about the application of mindfulness practice in psychotherapy and other fields, and maintains a private clinical practice in Lincoln, Massachusetts. Dr. Siegel has written and edited many books, including "The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems" and his newest title, "The Extraordinary Gift of Being Ordinary: Finding Happiness Right Where You Are."
You can connect with Dr. Siegel and learn more about his work at drronsiegel.com
To access the ebook by Dr. Mary Wilde "Parenting with FLOW: Reconnecting with natural delight, focus, & productivity" click HERE
To register for the upcoming "Parenting Anxious Kids" Workshop with Dr. Mary Wilde, click HERE
"Finding Joy by Embracing the Ordinary" with Dr. Ron Siegel © Mary Illions Wilde, MD
To subscribe on iTunes: go to iTunes store→ Music→ podcasts→ type in "Compassion Parenting" in search & click on icon→ click “subscribe” button
To Leave a Podcast Review
Leaving a podcast review at iTunes isn't intuitive. But positive ratings are hugely important: they help the podcast get discovered by new people. Please spend 5 minutes of your time to leave a review using one of the methods below.
How to leave a podcast review using Apple’s Podcast app
- Launch Apple’s Podcast App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter the name of the show (i.e., “Compassion Parenting Podcast”) into the search field
- Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes)
- Scroll down past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews
- Click “Write a Review” underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners. (Enter your iTunes password to login). You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
How to leave a podcast review at iTunes
- Go to the iTunes page of the Compassion Parenting Podcast.
- Click the "View in iTunes" button.
- At iTunes, click the Ratings and Reviews tab.
- You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
**When you’ve written a review, tag me or msg me on IG @compassionparenting & I’ll give you a shoutout on my story & a personal TY!
xo, Dr. Mary