Greice Murphy’s business was over 60% ahead of the game when she decided she was going to sell her company. Before her decision, she was nominated and won the Ernst Young Entrepreneur of the year award. She also led her company to 6 consecutive years on the INC 5000 list.
• The process exploded her self-awareness and gaps she needed to address.
• The lessons from selling her company.
• Having an exit plan as fast as possible.
• Being a CEO is very lonely.
• For a company to be successful, someone needs to be paying attention 150% of the time.
• Accept the fact that no leader is good at everything and surround yourself with people who can let you be yourself.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [3:34] Self-awareness is always being built. [8:42] Do board members cry in the bathroom? [14:01] Stay-at-home mom is great.