Mini Learning Team - Let's get "BLOTO" with Learning Teams
November 18, 2020
Welcome to the 10th Episode of the podcast series. In this episode, The Practice of Learning Teams, book authors Brent Sutton, Glynis McCarthy and Brent Robinson will conduct a mini-learning team based on your submissions in the learning journal. We will discuss and reflect on some of the community challenges to embed learning teams and explore The What?, The How? and The Why?
- Why is blame the first port of call with organizations?
- Whilst blames inhibits learning, what encourages learning?
- Does learning need to be deliberate?
- Why do workers need to be active and not passive learners in safety?
- All safety problems are learning opportunities?
- Why blame inhibits incremental learning
- Does blame affect worker assessment of "Dynamic Risk"?
- Does top-down learning from traditional safety systems work?
- Waste versus Value?
- Fault finding versus fact-finding?
- Issues with person-centred, not process-centred learning opportunities
- How do we make learning deliberate?
- Where do learning opportunities exist
- Learning happens when people feel safe
- The importance of workers feeling valued
- Can safety systems create a learning opportunity?