In this episode of the Know Where You Wanna Go travel podcast, host Cam De Jong explores the top travel industry trends for 2023 to 2026. He discusses some of the key findings from an article on explodingtopics.com by Josh Howarth. Cam shares his insights and opinions on these trends, including:
1. Travelers going solo: A website reports that 25% of American millennials plan to travel alone each year. Cam discusses the fear of traveling alone and highlights the benefits of group travel and booking properly to ensure safety and social interaction.
2. Travelers craving local experiences: Cam emphasizes the importance of personalized travel, interacting with locals, and avoiding commercial tour groups. He mentions Virgin Voyages as an example of a company that focuses on providing local experiences.
3. Travel tech adoption: Cam discusses the use of technology in the travel industry, such as robots for room service, chatbots for customer service, and facial recognition for check-ins and security. He mentions Delta's boarding pass scanning system as an example.
4. Blending business and leisure travel: Cam talks about the trend of combining work trips with vacation time, turning them into hybrid experiences. He also mentions the rise of people working remotely from vacation spots.
5. Sustainability in travel: Cam briefly touches upon the future of sustainable travel, including electric air travel and eco-friendly initiatives by airlines.
Cam encourages listeners to think about these trends and how they can embrace solo travel, seek local experiences, leverage technology, blend business with leisure, and support sustainable travel.
- Article: "Top Travel Industry Trends for 2023-2026" by Josh Howarth at https://explodingtopics.com/blog/travel-industry-trends
- Virgin Voyages website: www.virginvoyages.com
- Delta Airlines website: www.delta.com