Medical Tourism Episode: 77
June 5, 2017
Medical tourism can be defined as the process of traveling outside the country of residence for the purpose of receiving medical care.
OMG, I had two guests on this episode, so you get two for the price of one! Or is it double trouble? I’ll let you decide.
I brought Billy and Akaisha Kaderli on the show for a couple of reasons. They retired when they were 38 years old. Yes, you read that correctly. So they have now beat out WENDY HOLT for being the youngest retiree on the show. Or should I use my new word Time Shifter? you can read more about Time shifting on the Rock your Retirement website. Billy and Akaisha are experts in a lot of areas, including Medical Tourism which is another reason I wanted them on the show.
Billy and Aikaisha feel that the medical care they receive outside of the US is better than the care they receive in the US and at a fraction of the price. After 5 weeks in Mexico, Billy needed a new crown. He was able to see four different dentists and get his issue resolved. It only cost him $4,900 pesos or about $250 US dollars!
Things you may not have known about Medical Tourism:
* Many doctors train overseas and then practice in the US
* Medical providers usually speak English
* Or you can get a translator that does
* Thailand has the best Medical tourism
* According to the Kaderlis
* You'll know in advance what your medical procedure is going to cost
* Some providers offer concierge service
* They'll come to you!
* You can get same day service
We also spent some time talking about:
* How they decided to retire so early and how it affected their relationship
* Living outside of the US and how they dealt with the culture shock.
Today's Freebie is “Top 10 Questions and Answers on Medical Tourism” which you can get by going to: www.RockYourRetirement.com/MedicalTourism
Billy and Akaisha's website is RetireEarlyLifestyle.com and if you want to check out their Medical Tourism Page to look at clinics and hospitals you can go HERE
* Your Retirement Dream is Possible
The Adventurer's Guide to Chapala Living: A Common Sense Approach to your New Life in Chapala, Mexico
Retire Early Lifestyle: Your Questions Our Answered
The Adventurer's Guide to Pana Living: Living in Panajachel, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Cut and Run Report: Our First 200 Days of Retirement
The Adventurer's Guide to the Pacific Coast of Mexico