Glenn Hopper was coming out of the military during the time computers were really taking off. He applied for jobs online and accepted an offer at a marketing company. His first big project was to be the project manager of the first revolutionary website builder.
• Over 200 resumes out of the military – Got 2 job offers.
• Principle: Keep diving deeper.
• Worked to learn the technical side of his company.
• The tech people are the Green Berets of the corporate world.
• Look at the big picture = Understand and learn the details – That’s the kind of people the company wants to move up.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [3:06] Marketing job. [7:35] Curious, not lazy. [10:43] Growth takes forever.