Full Time Social Director: Debbie Brown Episode 15
May 2, 2016
Debbie Brown will talk to us about how you can become a full-time social director in your own church. You can listen to the show at http://rockyourretirement.libsyn.com/full-time-social-director-episode-015
How did Debbie Brown Become a Full-Time Social Director of her church?
Debbie Brown started her career as a banker teaching computers to other bankers. After 14 years, her husband, who was the principal of a private school, asked her to come work at his school as a teacher. Debbie was a schoolteacher for students from 6th grade up through 12th grade in private and public schools. After 30 years of teaching Debbie retired in
2015. That's when she became a full-time Social Director for the church. Now she spends time visiting church members and spreading happiness and joy. What a great way to spend retirement!
SOCIAL AND FAMILY
* Now that Debbie is retired, she loves being able to spend time with her family and watch her grand kids.
* As a retiree, she can spend time planning meals and cooking.
* She really is a full-time social director: She has Oscar parties each year complete with a red carpet and swag bags!
ADVENTURE AND TRAVEL
* Debbie enjoys being able to travel whenever she wants to and being in control of her own time, this is one of the best advantages of being retired! You can do this too.
* She loves to go on cruises with her husband and children. Even if you do not have a family, you can go on cruises too! There are cruising companies that cater to singles.
* She likes to take mini vacations during the week when everyone is working and it is less crowded. What a great idea! Retirees have more control over their schedule so can go places when there are fewer people there.
VOLUNTEER AND PHILANTHROPY
* Debbie is a Pastor’s Wife and spends time on church activities and visiting with people, she's the unofficial social director of the church. Think about it. ANYONE could become an unofficial full-time social director. YOU could do this at your own place of worship!
* She is planning on starting her own Bible study, which will help the members get together more often than once a week and will help them learn more about the beliefs of the church, whose membership has a wide diversity of backgrounds.
* Staying active and healthy is important to Debbie. She does not want to be too sick or frail to play with her grandchildren and do the things she loves.
* She works out 3 days a week and has started working with a personal trainer.
What do you think people should know BEFORE they retire?
* You can live on less money and it all works out so you can still do what you want.
We have a lot of listeners who are new retirees or maybe feel stuck in their lives at the moment. If you were sitting across the table from a new retiree, what’s the one piece of advice that you would give to have a successful retirement?
* Get involved. Get involved in your community, with your family, church – just get involved. Don’t just sit around and stare at the computer or stare at the TV. (I can personally learn a lot from this advice!)
Contact information: http://www.lakechurch.org/
Debbie Brown will talk to us about how you can become a full-time social director in your own church. You can listen to the show at http://rockyourretirement.libsyn.com/full-time-social-director-episode-015 How did Debbie Brown Become a Full-Time Social Director of her church? Debbie Brown started her career as a banker teaching computers to other bankers. After 14 years, […]
The post Full Time Social Director: Debbie Brown Episode 15 appeared first on Rock Your Retirement.