In this episode, Larry speaks with creators of The Comfy, Brian and Michael Speciale about refusing to take no for an answer. The Result was that they became the first true startup on Shark Tank in four years and the show’s third most successful deal of all time.
• How they found a prototype company.
• How they established an evaluation for Shark Tank.
• Why they had to change the name of their product at the last minute to get on Shark Tank.
• One week before the show the producers called them and said they were too “new” to be on the show.
• After having a 30-second pity party, they decided they would not take “no” for an answer and put together a video of all the reasons they should be on Shark Tank that year.
• When the producers got it and watched it, they changed their mind.
• How they found their game plan.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [1:50] Their Urgency Paid Off. [6:22] How they Won Over Barbara Corcoran. [10:43] The Video that got them on Shark Tank.