Producing over 300 barrels of oil a day, Robert “Bob” Burr is the president of Panex, an oil exploration company. When he was still in the life insurance business, even though he had great success, he knew the opportunity to go into the oil industry was something he couldn’t give up. Now he owns multiple companies all under the umbrella of Panex and is even more successful than he was before!
• At 27 he was winning in the life insurance business, but he saw the potential in oil.
• He and brother started their own oil company – Robert raised the money, and his brother ran it.
• His grandfather gave him permission to “leave the pack” so that’s how he got the name for his book.
• He physically would throw people out of his office who come in with negativity.
• Got to be a fact learner to get into a new industry.
• Got to keep up with the money if you have other people invest their money with you.
• Oil – Government subsides 40% of your initial investment.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [6:00] Find own pack. [9:19] Nobody was going to get in his subconscious. [11:22] Know where we stand all the time.