Travis has the ultimate real-world education. As a teenager he mastered skin diving and then started piloting the boat, ultimately getting certified as a captain for 50-ton vessels. Tiring of the restrictive life on yachts he walked away from a captain's job and decided he wanted to do something different. That turned out to be flying and eventually he had certifications and eventually flew commercial airlines and fighter jets. Tiring of that eventually as well, he then moved home and built one of the biggest fence companies in central Oregon when he saw the opportunity. Travis has proved he knows how to move to the top no matter what the industry.
• What to do when your salary is capped.
• Flying jets = lots of fun, but limited income and security.
• Built the best-known fence company in central Oregon in one year.
• Hire really good businesspeople.
• Won best new product at PGA show in Orlando.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [6:08] From pilot to business. [40:21] Fence business because of the gap. [17:41] Hottest new product.