173. TERRY FOX Ride of Hope: 2022 Cycling Event Series
In this episode, you will learn about: I'm sure you might be familiar with the TERRY FOX RUN and quite possibly participated in the Terry Fox Run while in school? Did you know that there is a Cycling Event to help support the Terry Fox Foundation? YUP, and Nikki Redmen are going to tell you all about it.
In 2015, Darrell created the Terry Fox 350 Ride to commemorate the 35th Anniversary of the Marathon of Hope. This ride would later evolve into the Terry Fox Ride of Hope of which, I am the Ride Coordinator for the Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Our team captain is Darrell Fox. The Terry Fox Ride of Hope is a fundraiser for the Terry Fox Foundation and to date we have raised over $300,000.
If you are not familiar, The Terry Fox Foundation - Ride of Hope
is an annual event where cyclists all across Canada raise much-need funds for cancer research. Details about the event are as follows:
· What: The Ride of Hope is the cycling version of the Terry Fox Run / Walk.
· Who: Everyone is welcome! Whether you lead the peloton or still use training wheels, this event is for you.
· When: Saturday, July 3rd, 2021 (or any day that works best for you).
· Where: Choose your own location! Road, gravel, mountain, or Strava - it's your choice!
· Why: You will be helping to fund much-needed innovative cancer research!
How can you help?
· Spread the word across your network of cyclists (social media post, website or blog post, newsletter, etc)
· Register your own team
· Sponsor a team or individual riding in the event
· Allow us to provide you some posters to display at your location to create awareness
· Promote the attached digital poster on your social media
If posting on social media, you can use the following hash-tags and link to the event registration: