338. HOW Homestretch Foundation helped over 80 TOP PRO Female Cyclists | Kathryn Bertine
Kathryn created the Homestretch Foundation, which is nestled in Tucson, Arizona to help female cyclists who are not being paid to race, but need a place to stay during the off-season to train while seeking a PRO contract.
In addition, Kathyrns book STAND will be launched on July 4, 2023 as an Audio book through Spotify. Check it out
Giving back by moving forward. Moving forward by giving back.
“The mission of The Homestretch Foundation is to level the playing field of salary discrepancy in sport, so that female professional athletes have the same wages and equal opportunities as male professional athletes. Regardless of an athlete’s socioeconomic and/or life circumstances, we want all women to pursue their careers as athletes without compromise, inequality or injustice.” -Kathryn Bertine, Founder.
The Homestretch Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides temporary housing and other resources to professional or elite athletes—primarily female athletes—who face financial and economic discrepancies. In support of our mission, Homestretch Foundation:
We provide financial support and life-skill building opportunities for adult women of limited socioeconomic background, with a focus on women pursuing careers in endurance sports such as cycling, triathlon, swimming or running.
* Assists low-income female professional athletes with free housing
* Bridges the wage gap of salary inequity for women in all occupations
* Provides resources and networking for post-athletic careers
* Provides opportunities for our members to thrive in their post-athletic careers
* Allows donors/members to book our facility in the off-season
In our first 7 seasons, we are proud to have helped...
88 pro/elite athletes: 81 women, 7 men
17 countries represented: USA, CAN, MEX, BRA, SCT, GBR, AUT, NED, SWE, SUI, DEN, GER, GUA, AFG, AUS, RSA, NZL
6 Olympians: Road, Track, Mountain Bike & Rowing
5 different sports: Road Cycling, Track Cycling, Mountain Bike, Cyclocross, Triathlon
1 mission: Together we all move forward.