The founder and CEO of Outer Aisle Gourmet Jeanne David tells her team it's a new company every three months. She goes over the necessity for setting parameters to build a long-term healthy organization in the face of exponential growth.
• The stress of manufacturing—keeping up with massive demand.
• Best product: Everything Sandwich Thins (cauliflower).
• Rolled out from region to region and eventually nationally with Whole Foods.
• Outgrew 37,000 square-foot facility in two years.
• Just signed lease for a massively bigger facility in Texas.
• Started in a 3,000 square-foot shared kitchen.
• They receive 150,000 pounds of fresh cauliflower every week.
• The importance of resetting—setting boundaries.
• At 6 p.m. they turn off business to allow recovery time.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [3:10] Rapid growth. [8:20] Success can destroy your business. [11:50] Managing expansion.