132. Montreal Time Trial Series Organizer : Nick Van Haeften Passionate about getting people on BIKES
In this episode, you will learn: How one man's passion for cycling, lead to the creation of the local Time Trial Series in Montreal that's been running for almost a decade.
Nick had a very successful amateur sailing career racing Fireballs, 420’s, J24’s K25’s, Tanzer 22’s and Sharks. Nick was part of a Montreal team that was constantly on the podium and won Provincial, National and North American Championships. The sailing highlight was a 4th in the Shark Worlds - achieved just before moving to cycling!
Intro to time trialing was through Denis Mantha, Suzanne Paquette and the Beaconsfield Cycling Club.
Nick joined the CCB in 2009 and the first TT was in September of that year (crashed, but completed the course!!).
Both Nick & Judith (with Judith getting all the podiums) continued to do local, provincial and when in proximity – national TT events.
Also attended the CCB TT series on the Voie Maritime in Montreal for the 15km TT series run by the CCB.
In 2014 the executive of the club decided that they would become more of a recreational club and eliminated all time trials. Thankfully, because of the passion of the time trialing community and some awesome volunteers, the MTTA was established and Time Trialing was maintained and thrives.
The MTTA is a casual organization with a serious focus on Time Trialing. Events are typically held on the Voie Maritime – the seaway channel between the island of Montreal and the south shore. These are promoted as training rides, to allow all cyclists to participate, regardless of the level of experience, affiliation, type of bike, and so on.
We have expanded to include Zwift TT’s in the winter and a hill climb up Mount Royal in the fall.
THE PROGRAMS THAT WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE SKILLS THAT CREATES RESULTS
Amazing for all levels of cyclists.
Learn the Skills
Perfect the skills
Move to a higher level of cycling fitness and tactics
THE MOST COMPLETE ONLINE CYCLING SKILLS WORKSHOPCycling Skills 4wk Online Workshop for Women
16WK Online Road Cycling Program
Starts December - March
Guaranteed 5%-20% improvement over the 4mowww.16wkroadcycling.ca
PROMO CODE $50 off: PODCAST
- FREE 4mo Strength Workout ONLINE membership
- FREE 4wk lead up to start of the program - spin session
- Exclusive webinars and guest speakers
- More Coaching Assistance
ONLY 25 Spots Available
Coaching from a Level 3 National Performance Cycling Coach
- FTP - testing Week 2 & 15
- Learn how to train efficiently with your HEART Zones
- Heart Rate Zone calculator is provided, to establish CYCLING Heart Rate Training Zones
- Private FB Group
- Weekly 90min COACHED SKILLS
- 4mo Gym program for Cycling
- Clear direction on GOAL Setting & hours per week
- The full benefit of learning how you manage and use your gears on your own bike
- PEDAL STROKE TECHNIQUE
- Class length 1:30hr
- Weekend Group Ride
- FREE Bike Maintenance WEBINAR
- FREE Nutritional Timing WEBINAR
4wk lead up to start of the program - spin session - $59 extra
GET your FREE DOWNLOADS:
- My 9 Fav Hill Climbing Drills
- Bike Bag GEAR List
- How to Change a Flat Tire ( full Bike Maintenance 60min Recording)
Go to http://www.askcoachsylvie.com
October & November Workshops available
The most extensive Cycling Skills Workshop you'll ever find covers it all.
Learn the fundamental cycling skills you need over 4wks.
Weekly Workshop & Q&A
wk3-Speed, Strength & Weights
Community / Homework
Sign up http://www.cyclingskillspro.com
Get $50 off with this code: 4wk50