The key to winning in your career is to make sure you do something you are good at. Jane Wesman is one of the top experts in the country on book publicity. She found her niche and has excelled for years in an extremely competitive industry. For example, she’s publicized books for Peter Drucker, Charles Schwab, and many others. She even has her own book, Dive Right In – The Sharks Won’t Bite.
• Started in 1980
• Do things you are good at.
• 1st entrepreneur idea at 5 years old.
• She has always wanted to be independent.
• Find a need. – Figure out what the market is like. – What they want.
• Thinking from outside in – What do people want.
• How to launch out from working for a big company.
• Find clients before you leave the mothership.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [3:00] Always going for it attitude. [9:59] Mentoring startups. [13:09] Learn from the good & the bad.