In this episode, Larry speaks with business leader David Karandish about how to hire when managing a start-up. David says there are four types of people within a start-up business: prospectors, map makers, guides, and those who starve in the wilderness.
• Capacity started in 2017.
• Started with 5 people, today he has 70.
• Start-ups are not like most companies.
• Every business has support needs.
• Must find people who are a good fit for ambiguity.
• Look for people who area high talent to low ego ratio.
• Look for people who are willing to figure things out.
• Multi-channel interviewing.
• Ask — “why do you want to work at a start-up?”
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES: [1:20] Capacity. [7:25] AI Software Market Growth [12:00] How to hire for a start-up.